Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Home Again... in three weeks!



In little less than three weeks, I'll be back on African Soil. Hubby and I are going for a quick visit to see his 13 yr old daughter and other family. I'm excited and filled with trepidation all at the same time!

There's so much to do before we go. So many things to organize. Gifts to buy. Kids to worry about.

So much to be excited about. So much to worry about. So much To Do!

Excited about...
  • The day we'll spend en route in Singapore - never been there before!
  • Seeing all our family, especially my sister's babies!
  • Shopping in shops I grew up with. Oh Pick & Pay, Clicks and Woolworths, how I miss you!
  • Spending NZ Dollars, which convert nicely to R6 each!
  • A meal at the Spur. I'll probably have a Manhattan Mushroom Melt, with a Salad Valley on the side. Yummy! (Probably about 6 million Kj, but who cares - I can't have them here!)
  • Spending time walking on the long Jeffreys Bay beach, hopefully in the sunlight!
  • Listening to music with my Dad. Painting with my Mum. Arguing with my brother-in-law (who's a lawyer, and such a lovely man!) Chilling out with my sister. Giggling with my Aunt. And sharing a couple of Tassies around a braai with all the rest.
  • Playing with the new puppy. (We can't have a dog - we're renting!)
Worried about...
  • Will I want to come home to NZ again? Will I like what I see there?
  • Crime... I have been held up at gunpoint before - don't want to go throught the trauma again... Yikes...
  • Will my R6's be able to buy there, what my $NZ dollar buys here?
  • Will the family be nice to me? And the step-daughter? And the Mother-in-law(s)?
  • Has my accent changed? Will they think I'm different? Am I still in fashion in SA?
  • Will my kids, who are all staying behind in the care of the Eldest Brother, be OK?
  • What if they stop me at customs when I come back? What if they don't let me back in the country? What if our money runs out?
  • What if, what if, what if....
TO DO's:

  • Shopping lists for kids to do Internet grocery shopping.
  • Emergency fund for my friend Tina, in case the kids need emergency care.
  • Get Tina, Faith and Marcia to phone the kids on alternate days.
  • Arrange for the twins to stay with friends on weekends.
  • Stock up on cat food, toilet paper and bread and milk.
  • Arrange for a cleaner the day before we get back.
  • Pack.
  • Call a taxi.
  • Get on the plane.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment